Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lose a Little Wisdom; Gain a Little Immaturity

I don't enjoy taking Western medication. Okay, that's a very poor statement. Let me rephrase myself. I don't enjoy taking Western medication for the common flu, cough, or cold. I'd opt for any Chinese medicine/herbal tea or whatnot before I grab a bottle of cough syrup or a packet of tylenols. Better yet, I'd rather fight it off myself, but I'm usually too useless to do that. Anyways, I don't have any grudges with Western medicine. I praise it, commend it; whatever you want to call it. It's advancement is obviously one of the major contributing factors towards increase human life span. Simply put, it's good stuff and we'd be miserable without it.

Of course, much of Western medicine in synthesized in labs ie. it's not very natural. Not to mention, side effects and immunity are a continuing issue. For those reasons alone, I'd much rather take Chinese medication and save up my "quota", if you will, for the times when I do really need Western medicine. Using myself as an example, I've been experiencing a stubborn cough and a persevering cold. Of course, ran off to the Chinese medicine practitioners for a couple cups of herbal medicine, but to no avail. So, now I'm on Buckley's and it's working; albeit at it's own steady pace. It actually doesn't taste that bad, mmmhmm.

In short, I just wanted to bring to your attention that maybe taking W.M. every single time you're sick may not be the best thing. Of course, use your own discretion. If you're bleeding from your ears or your butt is glued to the toilet seat, going to a doctor is a gimme. Otherwise, try out Chinese medicine. I usually does the trick for the common flu or cold. More importantly, you're protecting your body from unhealthy chemicals.

Anyways, I'm having a wisdom tooth extraction tomorrow, hence the bottle of penicillin. Luckily, I've only got one and it's an easy one to get at. Woohoo, yogurt for the whole day? Too bad it's FAT-FREE Activia (it was on sale; how could refuse?) Oh well, losers can't be choo choo chooosers.

Been going around taking pictures lately. Did a day trip around North Vancouver a couple days ago; just savoring the last crumb of summer. Oh, I also shot some engagement pictures for my dear Uncle Sam's daughter. I have to thank him for letting me do it; it was oodles of fun!

Anyone want to model for me? Preferably a girl? I'm not sexist, but girls are much more interesting :D--- (that's not droool!)

Alright, bedtime! Get some good rest before getting drugged up tomorrow. I hate anesthetics.


Something to relax your eyes after reading all the nonsense :)

No comments:

Post a Comment